- A large Australasian honeyeater with a dark, partly naked head and a long curved bill.
More example sentences
- Genus Philemon, family Meliphagidae: many species
- The gray bird perched on the same dead limb that the raptor and the friarbirds had visited, and it flicked its wings as it sat there.
- By now I've learned their loud call, which at first I thought must belong to a friarbird.
- Common hosts are friarbirds, the magpie-lark, and figbirds.
More definitions of friarbirdDefinition of friarbird in:
- The British & World English dictionary