Definition of friarbird in English:
A large Australasian honeyeater with a dark, partly naked head and a long curved bill.
- Genus Philemon, family Meliphagidae: many species
- The gray bird perched on the same dead limb that the raptor and the friarbirds had visited, and it flicked its wings as it sat there.
- By now I've learned their loud call, which at first I thought must belong to a friarbird.
- Common hosts are friarbirds, the magpie-lark, and figbirds.
Definition of friarbird in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India