noun (plural friaries)
- A building or community occupied by or consisting of friars.More example sentences
- The friary is a building of stone turned dark by the city's grime.
- The Irish Catholic Directory lists more than 250 properties held by religious orders in the state, excluding schools, parish houses, friaries and monasteries.
- The former apse, with its rich mosaics and stained-glass windows, was left standing, partly for nostalgic reasons, partly to hide the friary, which would have looked unsightly without it.
More definitions of friaryDefinition of friary in:
- The British & World English dictionary