- 1A frivolous or foolish person.More example sentences
- What quantities of fribbles, paupers, invalids, epicures, antiquaries, politicians, thieves, and triflers of both sexes, might be advantageously spared!
- 1.1A thing of no great importance.More example sentences
- Let's include those stock matchbooks in this category, along with all those other fribbles and trifles similarly found.
verb(fribble away) [with object] • dated Back to top
mid 17th century: symbolic, from the earlier (now obsolete) verb meaning 'stammer', also 'act aimlessly or frivolously'.
More definitions of fribbleDefinition of fribble in:
- The British & World English dictionary