Definition of friendship in English:
1The emotions or conduct of friends; the state of being friends.
- Yes, they say that your future partner is your best friend and that friendship can turn into love.
- We know we are capable of love, loyalty and friendship, however much we fall short of our own standards.
- Since their childhood they had been friends and their friendship blossomed into love.
1.1A relationship between friends: she formed close friendships with women
More example sentences
- You bring harmony in friendships and relationships with a light and playful attitude.
- Any close friendships or bonds that grow out of the events the women are planning will be a bonus, they say.
- You betray relationships and friendships, and that's an unpleasant thing to do.
1.2A state of mutual trust and support between allied nations.
- The purpose of the mission was to ask the French to establish an embassy in Ayutthaya and sign a treaty of friendship.
- This is part of our endeavour to build and strengthen bridges of friendship with other countries.
- The theme of this year's event was peace and friendship between China and Japan.