noun(also Frigid Zone)
- 1Each of the two areas of the earth respectively north of the Arctic Circle and south of the Antarctic Circle.More example sentences
- Strabo locates the frigid zone, or arctic circle, at 54° distance from the equator.
- Wouldn't it be pleasant to have milder temperatures, especially in the temperate and frigid zones?
- The earth's axial tilt divides it into three main climatic zones: the tropical or torrid zone, the temperate zones, and the polar or frigid zones.
More definitions of frigid zoneDefinition of frigid zone in:
- The British & World English dictionary