(also frill-necked lizard)
Definition of frilled lizard in English:
A large northern Australian lizard with a membrane around the neck that can be erected to form a ruff for defensive display. When disturbed, it runs away on its hind legs.
- Chlamydosaurus kingii, family Agamidae
- Frilled lizards, owls, cockatoos, and parrots lived in cages around him.
- The frilled lizard lives in the subhumid to semi-arid grassy woodlands.
- We also have bandicoots, goannas, wallabies, pademelons, frill-necked lizards, possums and more.
Definition of frilled lizard in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan