Definition of frock in English:
1A woman’s or girl’s dress.
- As for the little girls, they were allowed to wear different coloured frocks and dresses.
- He had been there from the beginning, since the little girl in the pink frock had raised her scrubby fist and inquired fearfully about the ‘bad people.’
- The girl in the blue frock led Lia along a corridor leading from the banquet hall, until she found a room near the end of the wing with double doors and gold door handles.
2.1A long gown with flowing sleeves worn by monks, priests, or clergy.
- These two beat up Sancho when he tries to take some friars' frocks as battle spoils.
- He wears a priest's collar and carries a machine gun under his frock.
- A round, balding priest hurried down the center aisle, his black frock billowing behind him.
2.3 short for frock coat.
verb[with object] Back to top
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan