Definition of frontal bone in English:
1The bone that forms the front part of the skull and the upper part of the eye sockets.
- Unanimous skeletal features are few, but include a lack of contact between the squamosal and parietal bones in the skull and the presence of the frontal bone in forming the orbit.
- Here we present a case of solitary plasmacytoma of frontal bone that was entirely asymptomatic.
- A small vertical midline plate, termed the nasal spine of the frontal bone, contributes to the nasal septum.
1.1Either of the pair of bones from which the frontal bone is formed by fusion in infancy.
- Like tetrapods, but unlike all other fishes, they also have frontal bones in the skull roof.
- In the individual with horns, the upper layer forming the horns can be separated from what appears to be the underlying normal frontal bones without obvious damage to either element.
- Head lateral views showed focal increased uptake at both frontal bones and vertical enlargement of the diploe and mandibular bones.
Definition of frontal bone in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.