informal , chiefly British
Definition of frowst in English:
verb[no object] Back to top
Lounge about in a warm, stuffy atmosphere: don’t frowst by the fire all day
More example sentences
- In ‘pushing the envelope’ the game is to see how many more minutes of frowsting can be done without the boss coming down on you for being late.
- Whilst frowsting in this refuge, I used to read the files on those boys, senior to me, who had been sent for to fill in their career forms.
- There should be a healthy balance between exercise (mental and physical) and recreational frowsting.
late 19th century: back-formation from frowsty.
- Example sentences
- Petty criminals, frowsters, and slackers answered their country's call and became instant heroes.
Definition of frowst in:
- British & World English dictionary