informal , chiefly British
Definition of frowst in English:
verb[no object] Back to top
Lounge about in a warm, stuffy atmosphere: don’t frowst by the fire all day
More example sentences
- In ‘pushing the envelope’ the game is to see how many more minutes of frowsting can be done without the boss coming down on you for being late.
- Whilst frowsting in this refuge, I used to read the files on those boys, senior to me, who had been sent for to fill in their career forms.
- There should be a healthy balance between exercise (mental and physical) and recreational frowsting.
late 19th century: back-formation from frowsty.
- Example sentences
- Petty criminals, frowsters, and slackers answered their country's call and became instant heroes.
Definition of frowst in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan