- The spore-producing organ of a fungus, often seen as a mushroom or toadstool.More example sentences
- At the maturity of the Cordyceps fungi, fruiting bodies of a spectacular shape grow out of the host insect.
- In reality, a truffle is the fruiting body of a fungus which grows wholly underground.
- One final consideration is that the known fruiting bodies of marine fungi are not as geometrically complex as the Mistaken Point taxa.
More definitions of fruiting bodyDefinition of fruiting body in:
- The British & World English dictionary