noun[usually as modifier]
- The wood of a fruit tree, especially when used in furniture: a fruitwood dressing tableMore example sentences
- Although screw clamps usually were made with tightly grained hardwood such as beech, fruitwood, white oak, etc. the threads can break easily with too much pressure.
- The dining room's French fruitwood table, dating from the 1860s, plays off the patina of the original plank floors.
- Even though there is no longer a necessity to lock up tea, decorative fruitwood tea caddies command high prices and are very much sought after.
More definitions of fruitwoodDefinition of fruitwood in:
- The British & World English dictionary