- 1Feeling or expressing distress and annoyance, especially because of inability to change or achieve something: young people get frustrated with the systemMore example sentences
- Cassie is also frustrated by the lack of treatments available to her.
- He and others were frustrated by the inability to move the US government toward that objective.
- He said that Ian's family was frustrated by the delay in reaching a decision.
- 1.1 [attributive] (Of a person) unable to follow or be successful in a particular career: a frustrated actorMore example sentences
- Most lawyers are frustrated writers, actors, comedians or performers of some bent or another.
- The list of actors moonlighting as frustrated musicians is not a short one.
- Many of the BAFTA members are frustrated writers, performers or directors and they are similarly unable to contain their bitterness.
- 1.2 [attributive] Prevented from progressing, succeeding, or being fulfilled: our parents may want us to fulfill their own frustrated dreamsMore example sentences
- After several frustrated attempts at demanding the right to practice my fatherhood, I gave up.
- In his situation I imagined I would feel angry at lost years and frustrated dreams.
- The survey results were presented on upright cards in a grid on the gallery floor, creating a schematic suburb of frustrated dreams.
- 1.3(Of a person or sexual desire) unfulfilled sexually: jealousies and frustrated passionsMore example sentences
- Sexually frustrated, trapped and tired: doesn't this describe a good bit of Modern Lovers?
- Of course there was more to the weekend than Guinness and sexually frustrated legal professionals, but not much more.
- I find that the guys in this city are pent-up and sexually frustrated.
- More example sentences
- Her e-mail server is out to lunch; hundreds of miles away, her ex-boyfriend sits frustratedly wondering why she is not responding.
- She doesn't like me, man’ Noah shook his head frustratedly.
- ‘I don't know, Alex,’ he answered frustratedly.
More definitions of frustratedDefinition of frustrated in:
- The British & World English dictionary