Definition of fryer in English:
1A large, deep container for frying food.
- There is also a number of integrated Miele appliances, including a gas and electric hob, deep fat fryer, oven, microwave and fridge-freezer.
- Included in the sale are a built-in hob, oven and deep fat fryer along with a washing machine and dishwasher.
- Come closer, and note the absence of any conventional stovetops, closed ovens, deep fryers, or steam table.
2North American A small young chicken suitable for frying.
- Of course, young chickens (also called broilers and fryers; under 6 lb. and about seven weeks old) can be roasted.
- When I shop for chicken, I don't buy anything other than whole fryers because I know how marked up the parts are.
- Into the locker went butchered chickens - you butchered them when they had become fryers, though some were permitted to reach the roaster or stewing stage.
Definition of fryer in:
- British & World English dictionary