Definition of fryer in English:
1A large, deep container for frying food.
- There is also a number of integrated Miele appliances, including a gas and electric hob, deep fat fryer, oven, microwave and fridge-freezer.
- Included in the sale are a built-in hob, oven and deep fat fryer along with a washing machine and dishwasher.
- Come closer, and note the absence of any conventional stovetops, closed ovens, deep fryers, or steam table.
2North American A small young chicken suitable for frying.
- Of course, young chickens (also called broilers and fryers; under 6 lb. and about seven weeks old) can be roasted.
- When I shop for chicken, I don't buy anything other than whole fryers because I know how marked up the parts are.
- Into the locker went butchered chickens - you butchered them when they had become fryers, though some were permitted to reach the roaster or stewing stage.
Words that rhyme with fryeracquire, admire, afire, applier, aspire, attire, ayah, backfire, barbwire, bemire, briar, buyer, byre, choir, conspire, crier, cryer, defier, denier, desire, dire, drier, dryer, dyer, enquire, entire, esquire, expire, fire, flyer, friar, Gaia, gyre, hellfire, hire, hiya, ire, Isaiah, jambalaya, Jeremiah, Josiah, Kintyre, latria, liar, lyre, Maia, Maya, Mayer, messiah, mire, misfire, Nehemiah, Obadiah, papaya, pariah, peripeteia, perspire, playa, Praia, prior, pyre, quire, replier, scryer, shire, shyer, sire, skyer, Sophia, spire, squire, supplier, Surabaya, suspire, tier, tire, transpire, trier, tumble-dryer, tyre, Uriah, via, wire, Zechariah, Zedekiah, Zephaniah
Definition of fryer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan