Definition of fuel injection in English:
The direct introduction of fuel under pressure into the combustion units of an internal combustion engine.
- To this the students may add the options of turbocharger or supercharger, carburetor or fuel injection with electronic engine management.
- The diesel uses second-generation common rail diesel injection and incorporates computer-controlled fuel injection and high pressure directly into the combustion chamber.
- Consider a bike with shaft drive, a 6-speed gearbox, Bosch fuel injection and moderate, ride-all-day ergonomics.
- Example sentences
- Dubbed the V - 2 / 90, the engine is a fuel-injected, four-stroke, 90-degree V-twin modular design with balance shafts.
- Most fuel-injected cars will cut off the fuel supply to the engine while you slow down saving you even more gas.
- Here was a car that had a big practical boot at the back and a fuel-injected 110 bhp engine at the front.
Definition of fuel injection in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan