Definition of fugal in English:
Of the nature of a fugue: the virtuosity of the fugal finale
More example sentences
- Haydn composed many symphonies, divertimentos, and chamber pieces for secular entertainments; several of the late symphonies from the 1780s are in three movements without minuet and some contain fugal finales.
- Only during the fugal finale do the singing, acting, and stage conception come together to move the listener and to convince him how great this opera really is.
- The fugal finale was full of clarity of motivic detail, every part in place, building thrilling momentum.
- Example sentences
- His Bach is clear, even when texture gets fugally complex.
- In this cantata, however, Bach treats each phrase of the chorale fugally throughout the first movement.
- It opens with an impressive Allegro that begins fugally and later develops a tightly knit symphonic argument.
Words that rhyme with fugalbugle, frugal, google
Definition of fugal in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan