Of the nature of a fugue: the virtuosity of the fugal finale
More example sentences
- Haydn composed many symphonies, divertimentos, and chamber pieces for secular entertainments; several of the late symphonies from the 1780s are in three movements without minuet and some contain fugal finales.
- Only during the fugal finale do the singing, acting, and stage conception come together to move the listener and to convince him how great this opera really is.
- The fugal finale was full of clarity of motivic detail, every part in place, building thrilling momentum.
- Example sentences
- His Bach is clear, even when texture gets fugally complex.
- In this cantata, however, Bach treats each phrase of the chorale fugally throughout the first movement.
- It opens with an impressive Allegro that begins fugally and later develops a tightly knit symphonic argument.
Words that rhyme with fugalbugle, frugal, google
Definition of fugal in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.