noun (plural same)
1A member of a people living in a region of West Africa from Senegal to northern Nigeria and Cameroon. They are traditionally nomadic cattle herders of Muslim faith.
- The dry, open grasslands of the savanna make cereal farming and herding a way of life for the Hausa and the Fulani.
- The social structure of the pastoral Fulani is egalitarian, in marked contrast to that of other Muslim groups, such as the Hausa, and to most sedentary Fulani.
- There, in 1898, he raised the West African Frontier Force, which prevented French and German expansion in the area, and defeated the Fulani.
Relating to the Fulani or their language.
- Today, some estimate as many as 18 million Fulani people stretch across the countries of West Africa.
- Today, traditional Fulani culture is disappearing and leaving the Fulani in many places marginalised.
- They began migrating across Africa and gave birth to children who founded the various Fulani groups.
The name in Hausa.
Words that rhyme with FulaniAfghani, ani, Armani, Azerbaijani, Barney, biriani, blarney, Carney, frangipani, Galvani, Giovanni, Hindustani, Killarney, maharani, Mbabane, Modigliani, Omani, Pakistani, Rafsanjani, Rajasthani, rani, sarnie
Definition of Fulani in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.