- 1(Of women’s clothing, especially hosiery) shaped and seamed to fit the body: full-fashioned stockingsMore example sentences
- Some 300 hosiery workers had traveled by train from Reading, Pennsylvania, the heart of the country's full-fashioned hosiery industry, to challenge the premises of the silk-free fashion show.
- Competitors' snugly-fitting, full-fashioned silk stockings responded better to the post-war changes in women's dress, and made deep inroads into the sale of traditional circular knit hosiery.
- When washing these fully fashioned stockings you should hand wash separately in lukewarm water with a mild detergent and lay them on a flat absorbent surface to dry.
- 1.1(Of a knitted garment) shaped by increasing or decreasing the number of loops made along the fabric length without alteration of the stitch.More example sentences
- Steam-powered frames were developed only in the second half of the 19th cent., accompanied by other inventions such as William Cotton's patents of 1864 which made possible the knitting of fully fashioned garments.
- Flat knitting machines are adaptable to use in the manufacture of full-fashioned garments such as stockings, underwear, or sweaters.
- Women were issued a special page of coupons for one pair of fully fashioned silk stockings every six months.
More definitions of full-fashionedDefinition of full-fashioned in:
- The British & World English dictionary