- 1The tide or a river at its highest.More example sentences
- I imagine that, if you could fight the current and stay in one place, the anemones must deliver an awesome sight at the tide's full flood.
- Tides that begin their inward flood during daylight can often fish poorly compared to those with the full flood tide through darkness.
- Again, the river may not reach full flood until late May.
- 1.1 (be in full flood) see flood.
More definitions of full floodDefinition of full flood in:
- The British & World English dictionary