- 1The phase of the moon in which its whole disk is illuminated.More example sentences
- A lunar eclipse occurs at full moon when the Moon crosses the ecliptic in opposition to the Sun.
- Seasonal variation in the moon's path through the night sky changes the variance in ambient moonlight between proximate new moons and full moons.
- I was very excited for the full moon / lunar eclipse on Saturday night.
- 1.1The time when the moon’s whole disk is illuminated: it was several days after full moonMore example sentences
- The study period was from January 1999 through February 2001, or twenty six full moons and months.
- Rather, the term blue moon refers to the second full moon in a calendar month, which occurred on Saturday.
- Easter Sunday is timed to coincide with the first Sunday following the first full moon of the vernal equinox.
More definitions of full moonDefinition of full moon in:
- The British & World English dictionary