- 1 Football An offensive player in the backfield.More example sentences
- Though he could be an imposing force on the defensive line, he was downright scary rumbling out of the backfield as a fullback, plowing a path for teammate Walter Payton.
- Holcombe is a durable, versatile player who played fullback and running back for the Rams.
- The team lost some flexibility at tight end with the departure of Conwell, who could play on the line, in the backfield as a fullback or go in motion.
- 2(In a game such as soccer or field hockey) a player in a defensive position at the side of the field.More example sentences
- One of the league's best blocking fullbacks and an improving runner, Christian missed the final two games in 1998 and all of the playoffs after tearing the ACL and MCL in the same knee.
- Tight defending by fullbacks kept the tenacious Battyeford side at bay.
- Defense is all the team, it's not just midfielders, fullbacks and the goalkeeper.
More definitions of fullbackDefinition of fullback in:
- The British & World English dictionary