- A ventilated enclosure in a chemistry laboratory, in which harmful volatile chemicals can be used or kept.More example sentences
- I didn't have any of the things that I use more often now - no hexane, no ethyl acetate or any of the other dozen solvents under my fume hood.
- To extract fecal cortisol, I evaporated off excess ethanol by leaving samples overnight under a fume hood and then freeze-dried the samples.
- Science rooms at Wilson Middle School in Muncie, Indiana, include a fume hood, enabling students and staff to work with chemicals in a safe, well ventilated area.
More definitions of fume hoodDefinition of fume hood in:
- The British & World English dictionary