Definition of fumitory in English:
An Old World plant with spikes of small tubular pink or white flowers and finely divided grayish leaves, often considered a weed.
- Genus Fumaria, family Fumariaceae
- Replicated across a range of WA soil types, the study examined annual ryegrass, wild radish, wild oats, wall fumitory, brome grass and barley grass persistence, in plots isolated to guard against the arrival of new seed.
- Purple ramping-fumitory was first recognised as a species separate from other fumitories in 1902.
- One calls it the muskranunculus, whilst another classes it with the fumitories, probably because of its leaves.
Definition of fumitory in:
- British & World English dictionary