- A theory of grammar concerned with how the social, cognitive, and pragmatic functions of language relate to structure.More example sentences
- Using the framework of systemic functional grammar, this study compares two modes of presenting the same scientific topic: in a physics textbook and in interactive teacher talk.
- Since your approach is based on Hallidayan functional grammar, isn't this arguably problematic position something you ‘inherit’ from this tradition?
- ‘The emphasis will be on functional grammar and these resource-persons will in turn train the teachers to better equip them in the teaching of English,’ he explains.
More definitions of functional grammarDefinition of functional grammar in:
- The British & World English dictionary