- 1Money provided, especially by an organization or government, for a particular purpose.More example sentences
- The money will also be used to provide funding for an ethnic minority liaison officer to work in the community.
- Assistance with funding was also provided by English Nature and a local quarrying company.
- Reluctant as always to spend money, the Queen had never provided proper funding for his work.
- 1.1The action or practice of providing money for a particular purpose.More example sentences
- In the United States a coalition of groups of patients has argued for public funding for such research.
- The new funding from the two bodies means phase two can now get under way.
- What's the point in funding scientists if your not going to listen to them?
More definitions of fundingDefinition of funding in:
- The British & World English dictionary