Definition of funding in English:
1Money provided, especially by an organization or government, for a particular purpose.
- The money will also be used to provide funding for an ethnic minority liaison officer to work in the community.
- Assistance with funding was also provided by English Nature and a local quarrying company.
- Reluctant as always to spend money, the Queen had never provided proper funding for his work.
1.1The action or practice of providing money for a particular purpose.
- In the United States a coalition of groups of patients has argued for public funding for such research.
- The new funding from the two bodies means phase two can now get under way.
- What's the point in funding scientists if your not going to listen to them?
Definition of funding in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan