1Money provided, especially by an organization or government, for a particular purpose.
- The money will also be used to provide funding for an ethnic minority liaison officer to work in the community.
- Assistance with funding was also provided by English Nature and a local quarrying company.
- Reluctant as always to spend money, the Queen had never provided proper funding for his work.
1.1The action or practice of providing money for a particular purpose.
- In the United States a coalition of groups of patients has argued for public funding for such research.
- The new funding from the two bodies means phase two can now get under way.
- What's the point in funding scientists if your not going to listen to them?
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of funding in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.