Definition of fundraiser in English:
1A person whose job or task is to seek financial support for a charity, institution, or other enterprise.
- The site says that the party is seeking voluntary fund-raisers, policy workers and strategy tsars, all of which will become ‘senior leadership roles’ in the party.
- Commercial fund-raisers used by any charity must be registered with the attorney general.
- Charities and fund-raisers have reported a huge outpouring of support as members of the public rally to help those caught up in the devastating Asian earthquake.
1.1An event held to generate financial support for a charity or other enterprise.
- Patricia will be at the Town House Gallery, Market Street, Lancaster on Saturday from 1pm to 4pm to launch the charity fund-raiser.
- Now, using money from a charity fund-raiser, they plan to buy a special crash mat for her to play on, along with steps to help her get into bed.
- A young Stow couple have found a novel way to turn a Christmas clear-out into a charity fund-raiser.
fundraising noun & adjective
- Example sentences
- Fans of York City are to stage a fund-raising six-a-side tournament later this month and are appealing for teams to take part.
- We should also do a bit more local fund-raising in the way of quizzes and music nights in the local bars so as to keep our name in front of the public.
- The fund-raising is on-going for the new dressing rooms for the Coolaney United Soccer Club.
Definition of fundraiser in:
- British & World English dictionary