- A slender and delicate fly whose larvae feed chiefly on fungi.
More example sentences
- Family Mycetophilidae: numerous species
- They're being eaten by the larvae of the fungus gnat.
- The family appears to be a member of the extant group Sciaroidea, which includes fungus gnats and gall midges, though precise relationships remain unclear.
- The hunter fly's soil-dwelling larvae are also predatory, feeding mainly on larvae of other insects, including fungus gnats.
More definitions of fungus gnatDefinition of fungus gnat in:
- The British & World English dictionary