Definition of fungus gnat in English:
A slender and delicate fly whose larvae feed chiefly on fungi.
- Family Mycetophilidae: numerous species
- They're being eaten by the larvae of the fungus gnat.
- The family appears to be a member of the extant group Sciaroidea, which includes fungus gnats and gall midges, though precise relationships remain unclear.
- The hunter fly's soil-dwelling larvae are also predatory, feeding mainly on larvae of other insects, including fungus gnats.
Definition of fungus gnat in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.