Definition of funnel-web spider in English:
Any of a number of spiders that build a funnel-shaped web, in particular.
- ● A large and dangerously venomous Australian spider (genera Atrax and Hadronyche, family Dipluridae, suborder Mygalomorphae). ● A spider of the family Agelenidae.
- An evolutionary biologist at East Carolina University specializes in trapdoor and funnel-web spiders, and tarantulas.
- Australia's most notorious spider, the Sydney funnel-web spider, has not been known to cause any deaths since 1980.
- Those Australian funnel-web spiders that can kill a child within 15 minutes.
Definition of funnel-web spider in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan