Definition of funny bone in English:
1The part of the elbow over which the ulnar nerve passes. A knock on the funny bone may cause numbness and pain along the forearm and hand.
- I'm here to say, would you all pick up your elbow and whack your funny bone and feel that pain that stops you in your tracks from doing what you're doing?
- He grabbed it and rubbed his funny bone vigorously until the pain ebbed.
- I tried to give him the thumbs up but banged my funny bone on the pole and had to shriek in pain.
1.1A person’s sense of humor, as located in an imaginary physical organ: photographs to jostle the mind and the funny bone
More example sentences
- Executives from some of the country's blue-chip companies dress up in silly wigs and clothes in an attempt to locate their funny bones and get rid of their pent-up feelings.
- No amount of cajoling can tickle someone's funny bone if the inherent sense of humor needed for that type of joke just isn't there.
- He is intrigued by her wry tone, uncertain of her sincerity, their funny bones still not comfortably connected.
Definition of funny bone in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.