- 1The part of the elbow over which the ulnar nerve passes. A knock on the funny bone may cause numbness and pain along the forearm and hand.More example sentences
- I'm here to say, would you all pick up your elbow and whack your funny bone and feel that pain that stops you in your tracks from doing what you're doing?
- He grabbed it and rubbed his funny bone vigorously until the pain ebbed.
- I tried to give him the thumbs up but banged my funny bone on the pole and had to shriek in pain.
- 1.1A person’s sense of humor, as located in an imaginary physical organ: photographs to jostle the mind and the funny boneMore example sentences
- Executives from some of the country's blue-chip companies dress up in silly wigs and clothes in an attempt to locate their funny bones and get rid of their pent-up feelings.
- No amount of cajoling can tickle someone's funny bone if the inherent sense of humor needed for that type of joke just isn't there.
- He is intrigued by her wry tone, uncertain of her sincerity, their funny bones still not comfortably connected.
More definitions of funny boneDefinition of funny bone in:
- The British & World English dictionary