- 1 (usually furnishings) Furniture, fittings, and other decorative accessories, such as curtains and carpets, for a house or room.More example sentences
- This spare space must still be filled with furnishings, appliances, carpets and curtains.
- They took furnishings, china, sofas, televisions and goodness only knows what else.
- Tactile elements, such as luxurious carpeting and quality furnishings, are a bonus.
- 2The action of decorating a house or room and providing it with furniture and fittings.More example sentences
- Thanks to television and home interest magazines devoted to room makeovers, home furnishing has become a fashionable activity.
- Indian consumers are also using the plastic money for everyday spends such as petrol, hospitals, telephone services and home furnishing.
- Home furnishing should rebound from a poor start to the year while food sales will lift 5%, said stockbroker Gerrard.
adjectiveBack to top
More definitions of furnishingDefinition of furnishing in:
- The British & World English dictionary