Definition of furnishing in English:
1 (usually furnishings) Furniture, fittings, and other decorative accessories, such as curtains and carpets, for a house or room.
- This spare space must still be filled with furnishings, appliances, carpets and curtains.
- They took furnishings, china, sofas, televisions and goodness only knows what else.
- Tactile elements, such as luxurious carpeting and quality furnishings, are a bonus.
2The action of decorating a house or room and providing it with furniture and fittings.
- Thanks to television and home interest magazines devoted to room makeovers, home furnishing has become a fashionable activity.
- Indian consumers are also using the plastic money for everyday spends such as petrol, hospitals, telephone services and home furnishing.
- Home furnishing should rebound from a poor start to the year while food sales will lift 5%, said stockbroker Gerrard.
adjectiveBack to top
Words that rhyme with furnishinggarnishing • ravishing
Definition of furnishing in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan