(chiefly British also frusemide)
Definition of furosemide in English:
A synthetic compound with a strong diuretic action, used especially in the treatment of edema.
- Chemical formula: C12H11ClN2O5S
- Her symptoms improved after treatment with intravenous furosemide and metoprolol.
- Chlorothiazide may be given with furosemide to boost its diuretic effects, depending on the patient's fluid retention status.
- Despite immediate treatment with furosemide and dexamethasone, two full codes, and pacemaker placement, the patient died within four hours postoperatively.
Definition of furosemide in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.