(chiefly British also frusemide)
Definition of furosemide in English:
A synthetic compound with a strong diuretic action, used especially in the treatment of edema.
- Chemical formula: C12H11ClN2O5S
- Her symptoms improved after treatment with intravenous furosemide and metoprolol.
- Chlorothiazide may be given with furosemide to boost its diuretic effects, depending on the patient's fluid retention status.
- Despite immediate treatment with furosemide and dexamethasone, two full codes, and pacemaker placement, the patient died within four hours postoperatively.
Definition of furosemide in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan