adjective• technical or • literary
- Dark and somber in color.More example sentences
- A tin plate heaped with rice, dal, vegetables, and burning-hot, fuscous curry is set before me.
- If you prefer the modern, industrialised phalanx of grey and fuscous brown, then I refer you to Eamon McCann in the Belfast Telegraph.
- A pair of fulminating fingers stretched upward like cosmological Aztec temples; clutching at the fuscous firmament as hunger surpassed civility.
mid 17th century: from Latin fuscus 'dusky' + -ous.
More definitions of fuscousDefinition of fuscous in:
- The British & World English dictionary