- A mixture of several alcohols (chiefly amyl alcohol) produced as a byproduct of alcoholic fermentation.More example sentences
- Brachiaria decumbens seeds submitted to fusel oil did not germinate and were rendered totally unviable.
- The crude fusel oil must be submitted to a careful distillation with a thermometer in the retort.
- The term fusel oil is strictly the remains of a pot or batch distillation, the compounds with low volatility.
mid 19th century: from German Fusel 'bad liquor', probably related to fuseln 'to bungle'.
More definitions of fusel oilDefinition of fusel oil in:
- The British & World English dictionary