- A stiff white kilt, worn by men in Albania and Greece.More example sentences
- He did have a Sunday-best fustanella but hardly ever wore it.
- A style of male dress most often seen in the United States is the fustanella, a full, white pleated skirt; a black and gold jacket; a red flat fez with a large tassel (puskel); and shoes with black pompoms.
- The fustanella, or Albanian kilt, was common dress for men until the 1400s. Common villagers and rural people wore a fustanella made from coarse linen or wool; more affluent men wore silk.
mid 19th century: from Italian, from modern Greek phoustani, phoustanela, probably from Italian fustagno, from medieval Latin fustaneum (see fustian).
More definitions of fustanellaDefinition of fustanella in:
- The British & World English dictionary