Devoted to futile pursuits.
- Just wave the futilitarian banner and bury your nose in a glass of sake.
- But the final decision about the matter isn't his wife's: Under futilitarian Texas law, it belongs to committees of bioethicists and doctors.
- They thus believe in a random, futilitarian universe where - if they're existentialists - they might imagine that occasionally a heroic human being could assert some purpose above the froth of randomness, but in general, we're all doomed to decay and destruction.
A person devoted to futile pursuits.
- People with severe brain damage are not the only ones futilitarians want to push out of the life boat.
- These people are called futilitarians; they believe it's impossible to fix the damage that we have created.
- To counter this threat, futilitarians are moving on two fronts to all but guarantee that courts will ultimately acquiesce to futile care theory.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of futilitarian in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.