1A Japanese quilted mattress rolled out on the floor for use as a bed.
- The only furnishing visible were a table and chair, and a futon rolled up in one corner.
- Other parents sleep next to their infants on bamboo or straw mats or on futons (as in Japan).
- There where a small ground level table and two futons rolled out on the wooden floor.
1.1A type of low wooden sofa that can be unfolded for use as a bed.
- There is room for a futon or sofa bed, making the level ideal for overnight guest accommodation.
- Isabella took a seat across from the girls' bunk beds on their small futon.
- Wood-slatted futons are no longer the only option and Innovation's sofa beds are both trendy and practical.
Late 19th century: Japanese.
Words that rhyme with futoncroûton
Definition of futon in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.