- A modified form of soccer played with five players per side on a smaller, typically indoor, field.More example sentences
- The objective has been to include grassroots futsal within the popular summer programme.
- The first world futsal tournament sanctioned by the International Football Federation was played in Holland in 1989.
- Javier Lozano's decision to step down as Spain coach marks the end of an era in Spanish futsal.
1980s: partly from Brazilian Portuguese, shortened from futebol du salão, and partly from Spanish, shortened from fútbol sala or fútbol de salón.
More definitions of futsalDefinition of futsal in:
- The British & World English dictionary