- Each of the curved timber pieces forming the lower part of a ship’s frame.More example sentences
- They included keels, floor frames, futtocks and stem posts, representing parts of a clinker-built boat up to 8m long with a beam of some 2.5m, which was possibly used for coastal fishing.
- The remaining futtocks are not attached to floors, but simply treenailed to the hull planking.
- The futtocks are the parts of a wooden hull's frame, or rib; our weekend assignment is to make two frames.
More definitions of futtockDefinition of futtock in:
- The British & World English dictionary