noun (plural same)
- (In Japan) a foreigner.More example sentences
- From a Japanese standpoint, she would take to task the gaijin ladies in Japan who refused to comply with traditions with a condescending attitude, at the same time chastising Japanese obatarian who despaired of the big-nosed foreigners.
- With Karl on a hunt for running shoes to fit his gaijin (foreigner feet) we stopped in at a mall and all got freaked out again by the commercialism and big white Americans from the nearby army base.
- This is a difficult concept for the gaijin to grasp when brought up on the premise that the Japanese are a consensus society.
Japanese, contraction of gaikoku-jin, from gaikoku 'foreign country' + jin 'person'.
More definitions of gaijinDefinition of gaijin in:
- The British & World English dictionary