Definition of galah in English:
A small Australian cockatoo with a gray back and rosy pink head and underparts, abundant and regarded as a pest.
- Eulophus roseicapillus, family Cacatuidae (or Psittacidae)
- You can attract birds like eastern rosellas, king parrots, galahs and lorikeets to your garden.
- Because of today's down time with Esmeralda, it will be another day that I write about one of Australia's favourite idiots, the beautiful pink and grey galah.
- I mean they have problems with galahs and cockatoos so this sort of balances that.
mid 19th century: from Yuwaalaraay (an Aboriginal language of New South Wales).
Definition of galah in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan