A small Australian cockatoo with a gray back and rosy pink head and underparts, abundant and regarded as a pest.
- Eulophus roseicapillus, family Cacatuidae (or Psittacidae)
More example sentences
- You can attract birds like eastern rosellas, king parrots, galahs and lorikeets to your garden.
- Because of today's down time with Esmeralda, it will be another day that I write about one of Australia's favourite idiots, the beautiful pink and grey galah.
- I mean they have problems with galahs and cockatoos so this sort of balances that.
mid 19th century: from Yuwaalaraay (an Aboriginal language of New South Wales).
Definition of galah in:
- The British & World English dictionary