Definition of galette in English:
1A flat round cake of pastry or bread.
- Dessert was Suncrest peach galette with mulberry ice cream.
- Judi was more adventurous, with her substantial goat's cheese and asparagus galette benefiting from the addition of a sweet-pepper purée.
- As a cake, a galette is made of flour, sugar, butter, and eggs in infinite variations, or simply of puff pastry.
1.1A savory pancake made from potatoes or buckwheat.
- The buckwheat pancakes and galettes of Brittany, and the blinis of E. Europe, can also be regarded as forms of griddle bread.
- Because it was very nutritious and cheap, it used to be widely consumed, and people would drink it as a snack, or to accompany a meal of potatoes or buckwheat galettes.
- Unmold and serve the galettes warm, as a side to game or roasted meat, or as the centerpiece of a salad.
Definition of galette in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan