- another term for gallows.More example sentences
- Several towns had gallows trees for the victims including Croscombe in Devon.
- On their way they would pass a fearsome array of gallows trees and instruments of torture.
- The park's glory is tarnished by the fact that its pin oaks, oriental planes, yellow locusts, ashes, and American elms once were used as gallows trees from which men swung for such crimes as burglary, pickpocketing, and having the wrong skin color.
More definitions of gallows treeDefinition of gallows tree in:
- The British & World English dictionary