1A bird hunted for sport or food.
- Some hunters are asked to maintain a harvest log over the hunting season, listing days they hunted migratory game birds and the number of birds they take.
- Key areas of concern are poaching and the poisoning birds of prey to protect game birds for sports.
- Expect legislation that would scrap the current trio of game-bird stamps and replace them with two stamps - upland game bird and migratory game bird.
2A bird of a large group that includes pheasants, grouse, quails, guineafowl, guans, etc.
- Order Galliformes: several families
- Besides non-migratory game birds like pheasants, there are only three species in the lower 48 states that are not protected by the MBTA.
- The guinea fowl is a game bird from West Africa introduced to Britain in the early 16th century, and has more in common with turkey, pheasant or quail than with polystyrene.
- The principal game birds of Britain are grouse, partridge, pheasant, plus woodcock, pigeon, quail, and various wild duck and marsh fowl.
Definition of game bird in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.