- A rooster bred and trained for cockfighting. Also called game fowl.More example sentences
- A ferocious blood-sport, probably introduced by the Romans, in which intensively trained gamecocks with metal or bone spurs slipped over their natural ones were set to fight, usually to the death, on a stage in a circular pit.
- Poultry chicks and gamecocks entering Hawaii in this way skipped the regular agricultural inspections.
- You can legally own a gamecock in 18 states and visit a cockfight as a spectator in nine.
More definitions of gamecockDefinition of gamecock in:
- The British & World English dictionary