Definition of gamer in English:
1A person who plays a game or games, typically a participant in a computer or role-playing game.
- The epic role-playing games Japanese gamers love are all somewhere into 2006 at the earliest.
- A computer gamer is taking a software firm to court after he suddenly lost all of his virtual weapons.
- This keeps the game flowing well as gamers never tire of the same scenery.
1.1North American (Especially in sports) a person known for consistently making a strong effort.
- If you were giving it out, you were wise and a good teammate, a gamer.
- He's a gamer and a winner, the type of quarterback who gives the Chargers instant credibility.
- He might have thought he was being a gamer by keeping quiet and pitching in pain last week.
Definition of gamer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.