Definition of gamesmanship in English:
The art of winning games by using various ploys and tactics to gain a psychological advantage.
- Ha admits to spending about 20 hours a week playing the game, improving her gamesmanship and marksmanship with each successive hour.
- A critical element of his game is his gamesmanship.
- Pseudoscientific activities are really arts involving gamesmanship.
- 1gamesmannoun (plural gamesmen)
- Example sentences
- While the actors playing Steele and Prior are solid, the real standout is Weaving, whose portrayal of Fleming ranges across the spectrum from the terrified innocent to the inscrutable gamesman.
- To his millions of followers, though, he is the quintessential gamesman, always one step ahead of consumers with a new system that is innovative but in reach of the masses.
- After all, the tattoo-bearing gamesman said during one episode, ‘No one's going to tell me what to do or what not to do.’
Definition of gamesmanship in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.