Definition of gangster in English:
A member of a gang of violent criminals.
- The McLean gang member said the gangster had used Customs to clear the way for his own criminal activities.
- In fact, many people believe gangsters and hoodlums are vicious and violent by nature.
- Great crimes can also be committed by gangsters and petty criminals - if they have the necessary power.
- Example sentences
- This is a counterrevolutionary organization, with a long history of gangsterism and thuggery against any and all left-wing political opponents.
- The paramilitary organisations on both sides have long since been political fronts for gangsterism and racketeering.
- A teeming mass of activity, Hillbrow is seen by many as a place where the entirety of South Africa's evils can be found, an epitome of drug dealings, prostitution, gangsterism, illegal immigrants, squalor and crime.
Words that rhyme with gangstergangsta
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan