- A parasitic nematode worm that infests the trachea and bronchi of birds, causing the gapes.
More example sentences
- Syngamus trachea, class Phasmida
- Necropsy reveals adult gapeworms obstructing the lumina of the trachea, bronchi, and lungs.
- A common nematode of the respiratory tract is known as the gapeworm, or Syngamus trachea.
- This is the gapeworm of poultry, found in the trachea of chickens, turkeys, guinea fowl and many species of wild birds.
More definitions of gapewormDefinition of gapeworm in:
- The British & World English dictionary