Definition of gapeworm in English:
A parasitic nematode worm that infests the trachea and bronchi of birds, causing the gapes.
- Syngamus trachea, class Phasmida
- Necropsy reveals adult gapeworms obstructing the lumina of the trachea, bronchi, and lungs.
- A common nematode of the respiratory tract is known as the gapeworm, or Syngamus trachea.
- This is the gapeworm of poultry, found in the trachea of chickens, turkeys, guinea fowl and many species of wild birds.
Definition of gapeworm in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.