(also garbanzo bean)
noun (plural garbanzos)North American
- A chickpea.More example sentences
- I refuse to buy any food at Stop and Shop, although I admit I can't detect differences in Goya and generic garbanzos.
- Flaky and deep-fried, not unlike Navajo fry bread, this layery white-flour orb makes a good garbanzo scoop.
- For added zing, cut up your extra escarole for a side salad with tomatoes, garbanzos, and Italian dressing.
mid 18th century: from Spanish.
More definitions of garbanzoDefinition of garbanzo in:
- The British & World English dictionary