A migratory Eurasian songbird with drab plumage, frequenting woodlands.
- Sylvia borin, family Sylviidae
More example sentences
- People on the one to two-hour guided walks may also hear warblers such as the blackcap, the garden warbler, the reed warbler, the sedge warbler and the chiffchaff.
- A recent study has shown that the migratory garden warbler has a much better long-term memory than its close relative, the Sardinian warbler, a nonmigratory species.
- We have planted over 800 native trees along the embankment, creating a wonderful habitat for warblers such as whitethroat, garden warbler and blackcap, as well as linnets, once a common bird that seems to be disappearing.
Definition of garden warbler in:
- The British & World English dictionary